الخميس، 31 مايو 2012

Words for my Father

Words for my Father

This May I turned 47 and you 74; is not this something? Sharing the same digits of our age for a whole year?
 I wish I can share more of your qualities, mindset, and deeds!  This man is great in his own special way that makes you wonder how one person can help so many people willingly and devotedly without ever waiting for a thank you?
He helped me and my brothers and sister, and he still supports all of us in all possible means. You may think it is his duty as a father to do so, but he does it in the most casual and natural manner that would not tell you he is there; he is the guardian angel helping and protecting others without being visible to them.    Complete self-denial and unconditional love is what he is capable of with all people, not just his sons and daughters but his brothers and sisters, his in-laws, his neighbors, his colleagues and  those working for him, with strangers on the street. The word father to me is the equivalent of natural kindness, essential goodness, devoted care and real humanity.  My father has the capacity for pure, unconditional love that can change the world for a better place.
Dear father, I remember the nights you spent awake because I had exams and you won’t sleep before you made sure I did.  I remember the early mornings when you took me to the train station before 6 a.m. to be able to attend my lectures in Cairo.  I remember the times you spent by mother when she got sick and you insisted to do everything for her, no help accepted from anyone.  I remember the first contact lenses you went into so much trouble to get for me because you knew I hated wearing glasses, and the times you took me to the tailor in the middle of the night to get a new dress to wear for the exam, every exam.  You are a great father, husband, brother and an amazing human being.
Father, there is no way I can repay your love and kindness and care. No words to give you your due description; no deeds can thank you enough for being there for me, available all the time.   You are my model, my ideal and I only aspire I can be a fraction of who you are for those around me.  May Allah grant you health and wealth and happiness and keep you safe and sound for all of us.

Your loving daughter.
Abeer Mostafa Elgamal

هناك 5 تعليقات:

  1. It is nice to find grateful peoplle ,,,

    ردحذف
  2. Hello ... Mum ...I am Siham from the States :)

    I was reading your wonderful writings and my eyes were full of tears once from laughing and once from missing you and what great touchy writings you wrote.

    Really AMAZING
    We share the spontaneousness :)


    Love you,
    Siham

    ردحذف
  3. I read both the Arabic and the English versions of your writing

    ردحذف
  4. ربنا يخليهولك ويعطيه الصحة.

    ردحذف